Born in 1951, De Lucchi is an Italian designer. He studied architecture in Florence and was part of the Italian period of radical and experimental architecture and design, acting as a not able figure in movements such as Cavart, Alchimia and the Memphis group. During his long career, he designed for the best Italian and European companies, including Artemide, Hermès, Vitra and Alessi. In 1988, he founded the De Lucchi Studio, nowadays AMDL. He is the designer of the world-famous Tolomeo lamp for Artemide. Inthe Netherlands, he designed the new wing of the Groninger Museum, also known as the ‘De Lucchi Pavilion’. In 2003, the Centre Georges Pompidou acquired a large number of his works, which were exhibited for a year in two rooms of the permanent museum. Selections of his works have been exhibited in the most important design museums in Europe, the USA and Japan.